I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by pinkbutterflies-blog.com and I thank her for that. I have been following her blog for a while. I think I discovered the blog from a link up. Pink butterflies’ posts are light-hearted reading (but still manage to encourage deeper thoughts) with a variety of topics (eg poetry, baking, child rearing), a style of blog I enjoy. As a parent of adult ‘children’ I enjoy reflecting on her posts of parenting, remembering that time of my life.
I had no idea what the Versatile Blogger Award was about so I turned to my special buddy that always knows the answer …GOOGLE J. Sure enough Google told me.
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
As a ‘not for money’ blogger my blog really is just a collection of stories. Some are true from my life, some are fiction, there’s some poetry, attempts at photography and the real reason the blog started (before its meander haha) travel tales.
I read about blogging frequently and many of the articles tell me a successful blog writes in a single genre and writes to keep the readers. My blog couldn’t be further from this. I tell stories because I love doing that. I write my blog because I enjoy watching my stories come alive on the page. I don’t deny though, I get a real thrill when I see someone comment on my blog, and even more when they choose to follow it -that someone else gets enjoyment from my tales, someone else is prepared to share their ideas with me – so excites me. I enjoy reading how others relate to my experiences.
The hardest will be for me to find 15 blogs. I’m fairly new to the scene in that, although I’ve been writing for a year, I’ve only just found how to locate blogs of others and many blogs I follow have been around a while and have all the awards.
How this Award works…
* Display the Award on your Blog.
* Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
+* Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
* Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
*Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Here are 7 strange, oops interesting things about me that those who read my blog may have already gleaned J
1. I have just discovered the art of decluttering -much to the annoyance of my husband when he asks…”Where is the (Insert name of something I have no doubt already thrown out )”.
2. Cooking in my opinion is something to be done on an infrequent basis so as not to remove its allure.
3. Go figure this oddity – If a cooking gadget is available I owned it (well until the declutter) – but with the exception of a few only ever used once then they take up permanent residence in the gadget cupboard.
4. I take time choosing shoes to go with outfits when I go out and hate it when hosts ask me to remove them (unless it’s a cultural thing of course )- and just in case this happens I always have my toe nails painted all year round J
5. I could lose myself online for days if hunger didn’t fill me every two hours.
6. I think I’d be a meerkat if I were an animal. They stand up looking around as if always wanting to know what’s going on.
7. I have been known to catch a tram back and forth several times trying to get closest to the attraction so as to limit my walking (despite the fact I ended up walking much further stop to stop in changing trams)
I’m now nominating these blogs